Monday, May 20, 2019

Spring Cleaning

( 16x16 – Acrylic on canvas board )

I did this painting over a month ago after I sold three other abstracts, but have been kinda busy with the Plein air stuff while the trees were blooming. It was in the 80's this week, but it's supposed to snow again tonight into tomorrow, so that will be the end of them for this year. In case you were wondering, the latest recorded snow date for Denver is June 12th! So not out of the woods yet...

Here it is about a month from summer and my spring cleaning gene is finally starting to kick in. I recently got a couch and that necessitated rearranging the living room, and somehow that mission has expanded to my include studio and office area. Yoikes! Moving bookcases,  stereo habitats and art supplies is a gargantuan undertaking. But compared to those folks on Netflix's Marie Kondo series, I consider myself fortunate. I think I only inherited the pack rat gene from one side of the family!

I love color field painting and this work fits nicely into that genre as well as my veil series.

No comments:

Post a Comment