Friday, May 10, 2019

Notre-Dame de Paris


( 6x9 – Acrylic on canvas board – CLICK HERE TO BID – Starting at $150 )

WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS PAINTING, I WILL DONATE 100% OF THE PROFITS TO THE RESTORATION EFFORTS OF BOTH THE CATHEDRAL AND ITS ARTWORK.

I know we all felt helpless watching as the cathedral burned and the roof collapsed during the devastating fire on the 15th of last month. I wanted to do something to help. So I went to the easel and decided to 'donate' this painting. And now you can also help and feel good that ALL of the after tax profits from your purchase will go to helping rebuild this 12th century icon. I thank you in advance.

I did the painting from a scene in the movie Colette, staring Kiera Knightly. It is the story of Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette who bucks the gender norms of turn of the century Paris to become the most beloved female French language author in the country's history. The image depicts the cathedral in 1895.

No comments:

Post a Comment