Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Bushes Say Spring,
But The Trees Are Not Convinced  (Plein air)


( 6x9 – Acrylic on canvas board – CLICK HERE TO BID – Starting at $150 ) 

The weather here in Denver has been flirting with 70 degrees on several occasions, but we are having a late Spring. The lawns are greening up but due to several wet snowstorms the trees are being cautious. April is our second snowiest month. I was out looking for a spot to paint when I saw a young hawk gliding low over the small creek, shown in the foreground, so I followed along and set up my easel next to the stream and captured the light raking across the trees perched at the bottom of a small hill. The only colors visible were the pale green of the bushes and the light blue of the sky. Although the tree trunks had a breath of violet. I set up on a carpet of fallen leaves but my easel and camp stool ended up sinking several inches into the moist dark earth. The perfect growing medium for Spring to take root.

No comments:

Post a Comment