Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Crestmoor Forsythias  (Plein air)


( 6x8 – Acrylic on canvas board – CLICK HERE TO BID – Starting at $125 )

As with my last painting, I found my self in front of another bush that flowers before the leaves set: the forsythia. My palette has exploded with color! That quantity of living yellow ignites something primal stirring within us all, much more than 'springing forward' our clocks ever could. I was doing a drive by of Crestmoor Park in Denver, where I'd never been before, and this sight just stopped me in my tracks!

What a difference a couple days makes. On Saturday when I did this canvas, it was late afternoon and in the low 70's... Last night a front rolled through and dropped the temps to freezing and we got some snow! The ground is still warm and the streets and walks are now dry with most of the accumulation happening on the grass and natural areas is now melted. Thankfully most of the flowering trees and shrubs are doing okay. Even as the weather is of two minds this time of year, here in Colorado we are always wont to say, "Hey, we need the moisture..." 



No comments:

Post a Comment