Monday, November 26, 2018

Leaf Halo



(12x8 – Acrylic on Arches paper – CLICK HERE TO BID – Starting at $150)

I've seen this several times. Coming up the walk to my place this time of year I'm always looking down to see what little gems of nature's debris the trees have left me. On these occasions I was greeted with a moist halo surrounding the negative space where leaves once were.  I'm sure there is a term for this phenomenon, but as best I can figure, the dew runs off the leaf creating the 1/4" or so halo and the wind blows the now lighter leaf away before the halo evaporates. In arid Colorado this is not a usual sight. Nature never ceases to amaze!

This acrylic work was created on Arches Huile (oil) paper, a 140lb (300gsm) cold pressed stock that is 100% cotton and acid free, and is suitable for oil based mediums, and acrylics, without priming. The image size of this piece is 12 x 8 inches, with the paper size roughly 13.5 x 11.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment