Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Live, Love, Laugh and be Happy

Sold - 11x14 - Acrylic on Board

This is the commission I had from the couple who saw me working on a small plein air piece in BelMar Park, Lakewood, Colorado. It is basically a larger version of the original, with the finishing touches supervised by them. The title of the work comes from a song her father used to sing: When the Red, Red Robin (Comes Bob Bob Bobbin' Along), written by Harry Woods in 1926, with Al Jolson recording the most popular version...

When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob Bobbin' Along 
When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along, along 
There'll be no more sobbin' when he starts throbbin' his old sweet song 
Wake up, wake up you sleepy head 
Get up, get out of your bed 
Cheer up, cheer up the sun is red 
Live, love, laugh and be happy 
What if I were blue, 
Now I'm walking through, 
Walking through the fields of flowers 
Rain may glisten but still I listen for hours and hours 
I'm just a kid again doing what I did again, singing a song 
When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along 
When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' 
When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along 
There'll be no more sobbin' when he starts throbbin' 
There'll be no more sobbin' when he starts a throbbin' his old sweet song 







No comments:

Post a Comment