Sunday, October 27, 2019

Monet is in the House

An exhibit of Claude Monet's paintings opened this week at the Denver Art Museum. I was fortunate to get a walk in ticket on the second day. The show spans every decade of his career, from his early caricatures to his late waterlily paintings when his vision was affected by cataracts. The work to me is very uplifting and I spent over 4 hours there despite the overwhelming crowds. The exhibit designers wisely included a looping soundtrack of an orchestral version of Eric Satie's Gymnopedie No.1 to sooth the masses.  When I was in Boston the MFA hosted a Monet Series exhibit in 1989. Many of the works from those series are included here. It has been a long time for me, but I'm happy to say the drought has ended! I'm planning to visit many more times. Denver is the only stop for this exhibit in the US and runs thru February 2nd, 2020. For more info about Claude Monet: The Truth of Nature, visit:  http://denverartmuseum.org

No comments:

Post a Comment