Monday, July 29, 2019

80 Days Around the World


(Acrylic on canvas sheet – 12x12)

It has been awhile since my last abstract. A continuation of the Veil Series. This time using a more rounded motif. This merges my love of Roy Lichtenstein's Ben Day dots and the colorfield painters. This piece is only 12x12, but I envision it in a much larger format, and hope to get to work on more soon... (The canvas sheets I use are a light weight, medium textured acrylic primed canvas, not paper, made by Fredrix and comes as a Canvas Pad, which I cut into the square format.) I almost always use the square format for my abstracts. In college I noticed American impressionist Childe Hassam used square canvases a lot, which is unusual for a landscape painted of that era, I admired his work and began using that configuration more in my compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment